How to get your Omikuji (fortune telling)
OmikujiI is random fortune written on strips of paper at Shinto shrines and Buddhisttemples in Japan. Literally “sacred lot”.
Pay 100 yen for your fortune.
Shake the box a few times while praying for your wish.
The stick marked fortune number will come out.
The stick with number will come out.
And be sure to remember this number.
Put the stick in the box.
Receive the fortune at the counter.
Confirm your fortune.there are many tipes of fortune.
- Great blessing (dai-kichi, 大吉)
- Middle blessing (chū-kichi, 中吉)
- Small blessing (shō-kichi, 小吉)
- Blessing (kichi, 吉)
- Half-blessing (han-kichi, 半吉)
- Future blessing (sue-kichi, 末吉)
- Future small blessing (sue-shō-kichi, 末小吉)
- Curse (kyō, 凶)
- Small curse (shō-kyō, 小凶)
- Half-curse (han-kyō, 半凶)
- Future curse (sue-kyō, 末凶)
- Great curse (dai-kyō, 大凶)
After finding out your fortune, tight it with a string.